Thursday 19 April 2012

Panoramic view of Tokyo

The best views of Tokyo can be from the 45th level of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building at Shinjuku, right next to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. I went in the morning, took a 55 second elevator trip up to the observation deck. It was a fairly clear morning and I had a great panoramic view of the city with Mt Fuji, or Fuji-san (3776 metres) as the locals call it, in the background. Apparently if you visit during sunset, you will be able to see an orange tinge outlining Mt Fuji as the sun sets behind it. The windows go all the way around the building, so not only was I able see west towards Mt Fuji, I managed to look east and spotted the Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower too. And did I mention that all this was for free? Yes, no entrance fees at all.


 
Shinjuku Park.



Tokyo Sky Tree (634 metres).

Mode Education Institution Cocoon Tower (204 metres).

0 comments:

Post a Comment